Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Is In The Air!

For those of you who don't know, Fall is by far my favorite time of the year! Something about the trees changing colors and the dreadfully hot weather finally starting to cool down makes me so happy. Hints why I named my daughter Autumn. Anyway, my parents have 3 huge Apple trees in their backyard and they give me bags full of apples each year. So since the first day off fall is this week, I decided to celebrate by turning the Apples into something delicious. It has also been raining all day which made the day even better! My house smells amazing by the way...

I made Apple Butter last year but I did not have this amazingly cool apple peeler/corer/slicer. This thing is awesome and cuts the time spent making Applesauce & Apple Butter in half!


I got this great recipe for Apple Butter from my good friend Jess. It is all done in the crock pot which means it is super simple and since I have a 2 year old and a newborn simple is my best friend!
And here is the final product! Yummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, You are one AMAZING Women!!! I cannot believe that you made apple sauce and apple butter with a newborn and a toddler!!! May God bless you for all you do for your family!
Save some samples for Mimi:)

Love you,
MIMI

Kaitlyn Altman said...

I would like a jar of apple butter on my front porch in the morning :) you seriously are super mom! You can do it all! Love you!