Friday, July 16, 2010

Baby Update & Date Night....

So for those of you who haven't heard yet, Brandon and I will be going to the hospital on Wednesday, July 21st to have my labor induced. Yes, Wednesday the 21st as in 5 days from now! We were quite shocked when the doctor suggested this during my last appointment, but once we were able to calm down, face reality, and have a night to sleep on it I think we are adjusting to the news rather well. Since Owen was almost 2 weeks overdue and my body is following the same patterns at this point as I did with Owen, so our Doctor feels that this is the best and safest option for me and for the baby. We are trying to make sure the baby is under 7.5 lbs to avoid any serious complications during labor like I had last time, Thank Goodness! Anyway, my doctor is estimating the baby to weigh around 5 lbs right now. Wow, so tiny, I may need to go get a few preemie outfits!
So as many of you can imagine, Brandon and I have been quite busy the past few days running around trying to get as much stuff done and errands ran before this precious little girl comes in next week and turns our lives upside down! It has been one thing after another around here, cleaning house, packing hospital bags, getting out the last of the baby stuff we had tucked away! So last night we decided to take the night off so we called up our wonderful amazing Babysitter and decided to go out on one last date night before we will have to pay the sitter double! We went out and ate some delicious BBQ food and then headed off to the movies to see Toy Story 3. If you haven't seen it yet, go see it, it was HILARIOUS! Did I mention we saw the movie in 3D? This was my first 3D experience and Brandon's 2nd. Its not something I would pay the ridiculous $4 extra for all the time, but it was fun and a neat experience. And this is what happens when you are the only two in the theater about 15 minutes early. Lol, we had fun!

Well, there you have it, that is what we have been up to this last week. Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers over the next week as we are about to go through another huge life change! Thanks in advance and we will do our absolute very best at keeping everyone updated with everything going on.

1 comment:

Rachel DeRamus said...

Wow! How exiting! We'll be thinking about you and can't wait to hear of the updates! :)