Sunday, May 30, 2010

House Changes...

So as you all know Brandon and I have been super busy, basically since March, trying to rearrange four rooms in our house to make room for our newest little addition. We basically changed four rooms in our house. It may not sound like much work, but changing four rooms also meant some major closet cleaning and rearranging which is really what really took the longest amount of time. It is amazing how much junk you can accumulate over years, but I am sure glad we got it all done! Here are some pictures of our transformations.
So, Owen's room was the first room we tackled which was honestly the easiest, hints why we started there. We didn't repaint or have to clean out any closets and drawers so it was basically harmless. We did however, get rid of all his nursery furniture (or moved it to Autumn's Room) and bought him a cool new "Big Boy Bed", new night stand and dresser. We also moved in his cool train table into his room so he has stuff to play with upstairs since his play room with all his toys are downstairs. Again sorry, its a bit messy, but really what can you expect a 2 year old lives in this room.
His room is still in an awkward transition from baby nursery to a little boys room. It is still half sail boat theme and now half Mickey Mouse themed. O well, it will get done someday. I also need to get him darker curtains so I can take down the tacky blanket hanging over his curtains to make the room dark, but hey you do what you have to when your kid likes his room dark at night. Can you say High Maintenance?!?

So the next room we moved onto was the Formal Living Room... We used to have a Bookcase, Sofa, Love seat, Chair and Coffee Table in the Formal Living Room, but we honestly never used the room so we decided to transform it into our new Office. Our Office used to be in our downstairs bedroom, but we needed to free that room up to now be our Guest Bedroom. I think the room actually looks better as an office, probably because all the old furniture that used to be in there was all hand-me-down stuff that wasn't really my style, but hey it was free so I never complained. I still need to make curtains for the 3 giant windows on the left, but like I said I have had no free time lately. It will all get done one day at a time, at least that's what I keep telling myself!



The Next Room was the Old Office which we now transformed into our new Guest Bedroom...
So this room used to be our office. I chose the green paint to make the dark office furniture not make the room look so tiny. I was determined to avoid repainting the room so I was on a mission to find a comforter set that looked good with the existing wall color. I am pleased with how the room turned out, although I do still need to hang a few pictures up and get some curtains, but again one thing at a time. This room was one of the more difficult to complete since we had to completely clean the closet out since it was where we always ended up throwing things we weren't sure what to do with. It was not fun but it got done.


And last but definitely not least, Autumn's Nursery...
This room is the third bedroom upstairs that we used to use as are Guest Bedroom, but of course we wanted both kids upstairs with us, so bye bye Guest Room, Hello Nursery. Did you notice Owen sitting in his old Rocking Chair? Lol, he was determined to get in at least one of these pictures! We were very fortunate to transition Owen to his "Big Boy Bed" a little early so we didn't have to buy new Nursery Furniture and just used what used to be Owen's. So since the walls were already grey I was determined to choose a bedding set that went with the grey so we didn't have to completely repaint the room. See a trend here? I fell in love with this bed set and was so lucky My Mom and Sister pitched in and bought it for us. We love it, Thanks Guys!!!!!Of course I couldn't just leave the nursery Grey without adding a little pink! Brandon and I added the Pink, Black and White accent strips to go along with the bedding set. We had a fun time painting and trying to picture what our precious little girl will think of her new room outside of mommy's belly! Of all the rooms we did, the Nursery is by far my favorite! It came out better than I originally visioned. Hope you enjoyed the tour of our new house, now all we are waiting on is a baby to officially complete all our hard work.

No comments: