Friday, January 22, 2010

Happy 50th Birthday Mom

This past weekend we celebrated my Mom's 50th Birthday. Wow, what a milestone! For my Dad's 50th (wow, 3 years ago) my Sister, Brandon and I threw my Dad a huge party at our house with 50+ people, but since my Mom is really not the "party" type and hates being the center of attention we decided to keep the celebration really low key. So we decided what could be more low key than a girls day? First we started off by taking her to the St. James Tea Room for a nice relaxing, very filling, tea party. After the tea party my Mom, my Sister, and I headed over to a nice relaxing spa for a dip in the hot tub and then for a massage! Once we were nice and relaxed we decided to let the boys in on a little of the celebration, so we headed home to pick up my Dad, Brandon, and Owen and went out to a nice Mexican Restaurant for dinner. The day was perfect and my Mom seemed really happy and that of course is the most important thing! Happy Birthday Mom we love you old lady!!!!!Yummy! If you have never been out for afternoon tea you must try it. The experience is so much fun, the atmosphere is great and the food is delicious, and our waitress even talked with an English accent. They served this Raspberry Chocolate Truffle Tea that was AMAZING and the food was nothing short of amazing either. Wow, you can really tell I am pregnant with all this food talk!This was our amazing food. Since we let my mom off easy without a big celebration and making fun of her new age, we had everyone wear tea hats! It was a lot of fun dressing up in our hats and I am sure we all looked like silly old ladies out for afternoon tea.Here is my Mom and her BFF Sandra.My Sis and her BFF Cammy. I love these girls!Me and my Big Sis. My Auntie Tommie, Cousin Veronica and Cousin Fina.My Mom and Grandma. Mom, Tommie, Fina and Veronica

No comments: