Friday, December 11, 2009

River of Lights & Our No Good Day!

Last night Brandon and I took Owen to see the River of Lights at the Botanical Gardens with some very good friends of ours Jonathan, Jessica and Abby. I am sure you are all familiar with them, you know Abby's parents, Owen's BFF who is often blogged about along with Owen. Anyway, Yesterday was one of those days! You know those days when you begin to wonder how in the world God decided you were responsible enough to be in charge of a child? Yeah on of those days! Beware this is a long story about our No Good Very Bad Day! We were supposed to go over to our friends house at 5:30pm to eat dinner over there and then head over to the Botanical Gardens to see the Lights. Well, Brandon and I had a few last Christmas errands to run so we had planned to leave the house around 3:30, do our errands and then head over to our friends house across town. So I packed up all of our stuff, Hats, Mittens, Jackets, Long Johns, scarfs, etc. and had them all ready to go when we were ready to leave. So around 3:20 we packed up the car and headed off for our afternoon. We finished all of our running around early and were headed over to our friends house. Okay all sounds good until we realized that we forgot to grab all of Owen's stuff to keep him warm! Ahhh. Somehow we managed to grab all of our stuff minus Owen's. Needless to say we were no longer going to be early. We made a pit stop to the mall and ran in to get Owen some long johns and mittens, luckily I had his jacket and an extra Hat in the car. I left the diaper bag in the car since Brandon had his wallet and we were literally running in and out. Well, when we were about half way down the mall Brandon realized that Owen had soaked him entire pants and we had no diapers with us, so we were walking around the mall with a kid dressed in pee and nothing to change him with. Well, we finally get his stuff and headed to the car. On the way the handle of the bag I was carrying broke off, UGH!!!! We make it to our friends house, threw Owen's clothes in the drier and ate a delicious dinner and headed over to the Light show. When we get inside the Botanical Gardens we realized that Brandon and I didn't dress nearly as warm as we should have and also that we forgot one of my gloves in the car that we spent about 45min. early trying to find. Wow, I know its a lot to take in. Luckily the Lights were awesome and Owen loved it, I don't think he blinked once the entire time we were there. O yea' one last thing. The pictures aren't the greatest since I took them all with my cell phone since I realized once we were there that my camera battery was dead! Sometimes when you think you are all prepared and ready to go you are quickly suprised at how much you don't have it all together!
The carolers that sang were awesome. Owen loved clapping for them at the end of each song!
This was Owen's face the whole time. He was bundled up so tight that his cheeks were warm every time I touched them. I was so concerned about making sure he was warm that Brandon and I almost froze! Lol, parenting!
Even though it was a stressful no good day we did really enjoy ourselves and it sure makes for one heck of a story!
Here are our friends Jonathan, Jessica and Abby who was way past her bed time!

No comments: