Monday, December 28, 2009

Quick Announcement & Christmas Update

Announcement
This holiday season Brandon, Owen and I received the very best gift we could have ever asked for. You guessed right, Brandon and I are expecting Baby Burgess #2! We tried to keep it a secret for as long as possible, but the word has officially leaked out. Owen is so excited about being a big brother and points to every ones belly and says "Baby" every opportunity he gets. We are so blessed that God has entrusted another one of his children into our care and will be anxiously awaiting his or her arrival in early August!!!!
Christmas Update
On another note, many of you are probably wondering why I haven't posted any Christmas pictures yet. Well, it may be another week or so, but I promise they are coming. The holidays weren't quite what we had expected. Here is a quick recap of the past week. (Warning: this is a really long story!) It all started on Sunday, December 20th. Brandon, Owen and I got onto a plane and headed up to Denver to spend the holidays with Brandon's family. We got there safe and sound and spent the first couple of days with Brandon's Dad. Brandon was set to come home on Christmas evening and Owen and I were going to stay until Tuesday, December 29. Well on Wednesday we headed over to Brandon's mom's to stay the remainder of our trip there. I started to feel a bit sick, but tried to ignore it since we were on vacation, and O' yea, it's Christmas! Well, Thursday morning, Christmas Eve, I woke up (or not since I tossed and turned all night) with a terrible stomach ache, head ache and just feeling extremely yucky! Brandon and I decided since it was getting pretty bad that I should probably be seen, so we headed out to Urgent Care. Well, we came home with some meds and I was diagnosed with a Urinary Tract Infection, an Upper Respiratory Infection and the Stomach Flu! Well we went over to Brandon's Grandparents house that night as planed and lucky me I got to watch everyone eat his Grandma's delicious home cooked Christmas dinner. We opened presents and went back to his mom's. Well, during this whole time, I am progressively getting worse and worse. To the point I could barely even walk, I was basically hunched over in a ball on the couch. We decided it would be best to switch my flight for Owen and I to come home with Brandon instead of staying longer since I may need to get home since I was so sick. Well, Christmas morning, we woke up opened presents, packed up and headed to the airport. Wow, what an adventure that was. I could barely walk and was so sick to my stomach, but somehow God helped me pull through and make it home, flight delayed and all. Our good friend Gavin picked us up from the airport and dropped me off at the ER on the way to drop off Brandon and Owen at home. Well, I spent Christmas night in the ER for about 7 hours while they pumped me full of fluids and ran a few tests. Thank God, they said Baby seems to be doing very well and diagnosed me with a Urinary Tract Infection and Gastroenteritis and sent me home with some more meds. Gastroenteritis is a condition that causes irritation and inflammation of the stomach and intestines. I haven't ate a decent meal in about 5 days but I do feel like I am making some really small progress and have strong hope that I will get over this very soon. Thank You everyone for all your prayers and for everyone that called to check in on me and baby and all the assistance everyone has offered to us. We are so blessed to have such amazing Friends and Family by are side through extremely tough times as these. Well, I promise to post some Christmas pictures soon, but my main priority as of now is making sure baby and I are taken care of. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and Happy New Years to you all in case I don't get back to blogging before than.

2 comments:

Amy Franco said...

Okay, so I was just cleaning up my favorite tabs on the internet and ran across your blog and decided to read it today of all days. What are the odds??? Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. I have not talked to you since Easter. Call me so that we can get together. I just saw Brandon a few weeks ago. Bella is due on March 29th, but I think she will be stubborn and not want to come out until April. Our babies will be close in age. Call me for sure. My number is still the same. I don't have yours because I lost my phone. We have a lot of catching up to do. TTYL....Amy

Kaitlyn Altman said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!