Monday, October 12, 2009

Barnes & Noble and A Busted Lip...

Yesterday, my good friend and I took our kids to Barnes & Noble to play. It is so cute they have a kids area that has a stage for story time with lots of cute benches and a table with a Thomas the Train track set up for them to play with. They also have tons of display books for the kids to read and play with. Since Owen is quite obsessed with books he had a great time and was so shocked with how many books were surrounding him. Well something was bound to happen since all three of the kids were having so much fun and were on their best behavior, and yes it just so happened to be my child to have the incident. Owen was trying to climb up onto a bench and his arm slipped and his poor face slammed right into the corner of the bench. Well that sounds pretty harmless except for the fact that one of his teeth went all the way through his bottom lip. I know, I freaked out. There was lots of blood and lots of screaming, and might I remind you that we were in a book store! Well, I was able to get the bleeding to stop after about ten minutes of applied pressure so there was no need to make a trip to the ER. I also had my friends husband across the street come over and look at it since he is an EMT. Owen cheered up very quickly once we got home and he got a Popsicle, an ice cube and some Tylenol. That was my first big incident with Owen so needless to say I was very shaken up and I balled my little eyes out because I felt so bad! Here are a few pics from our crazy day. Owen playing with the train set.

Here is Owen and his friend Averie sitting on the bench playing with some stuffed animals.

Here is Owen's lip about 3 hours after his little incident. This picture of it doesn't really look that bad, but the biggest but is on the inside of his lip. He may have a little scar on the outside. Poor Baby :*(

No comments: