Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Trusting in God’s plans, not Ours.

Hello Family & Friends,

Thank you all for your prayers & well wishes on my pregnancy. We wished for a baby and instead were given two angels. It's with a very heavy heart that we announce that we are no longer expecting. Our precious Babies were called home to Heaven but will forever live in our hearts. We know it will take time to heal our hearts and very much appreciate all the love and support as we continue to grieve.

A little summary to avoid so many questions all at once:

We went in for an ultrasound this afternoon and found out that we were expecting Identical Twins but unfortunately there were no heartbeats. I had only 1 placenta and 1 sack that was holding our precious babies. It is a very risky situation with only 1 sack & 1 placenta for 2 babies making the pregnancy an extremely high risk situation. Baby 1 was not receiving enough nutrients to grow which caused me to lose the first baby and the other baby just couldn't make it given the situation. If the pregnancy would have went on I would have been on Hospital Monitored Bed Rest around 20 weeks as it is extremely high risk. It is going to be an extremely rough next week as we await the actual 'miscarriage process' as we are trying to let that part happen on it's own. I have another appointment next week and if I haven't miscarried on my own I will go in for a D&C.

As we are both trying to grieve and wrap our heads around the unknown. We very much appreciate your kind words, prayers, e-mails, and/or texts but will not be taking any phone calls (at least today) as it is extremely hard to form words at this time.

Love & appreciate you all,

Brandon & Vanessa Burgess

"To every thing there is a season, a time to every purpose under the heaven: a time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal, a time to break down, and a time to build up; A time to weep, and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance." Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

"O’ Lord have mercy on me in my anguish. My eyes are red from weeping; my health is broken from sorrow." Psalms 31:9

"I have told you these things so that you will have peace of heart and mind, Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows, but cheer up, for I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments: