Monday, May 27, 2013

Impromptu Drive to Red Rocks & Lookout Mountain

I’m a bit behind on blogging these days. Reason being, we have A LOT going on. I would normally apologize for being so behind, but I am not going to because I am trying to take one day at a time so I don’t become overwhelmed. Normally I’d totally be able to handle all the craziness, but being in early pregnancy (sick & constantly tired) with two active kiddos on my hands AND all this craziness going on, I can’t lie it’s a bit much. Point being, I don’t have it all ‘together’ right now. I’m pooped & stressed.

So to catch you up a bit, my Parents drove in on Saturday, May 18th to come visit for Owen’s 5th Birthday. My Dad stayed until Wednesday the 22nd and then had to head back to NM for work. Since my Mom is not working at this time, she decided to have an extended stay and she will be flying home tomorrow morning. We absolutely LOVED having them here but really wish my Dad got to stay longer. We were super busy everyday my Dad was here so the time flew by way too quickly. Any who, Monday was really the only day we didn’t have a million things planned other than small prep for Owen’s 2 Birthday Parties the next day. Yes 2 Parties, I’ll explain in my next blog. So since we had no concrete plans, we decided to take an Impromptu Drive up to Red Rocks Amphitheater to show my parents and to drive around and take in the beautiful views of the Denver Metro Area. Well, when we finally parked and walked up to a little lookout area, these big dark clouds started rolling in. They looked pretty threatening and it started sprinkling so we decided we better get to the car ASAP. Since that got a bit ruined, we decided to keep driving on up to Lookout Mountain. It was a really pretty drive up. We got to the top and ended up going on a little hike into the mountains since the sky had cleared up a bit. As we were a little into the hike that we did not intend to go on, we realized that we never locked the car and that my Mom & I’s purses were in there for anyone to take. With all that said, our unintended hike got cut short. All in all, the entire trip, drive & day was completely unplanned but ended up turning into this beautiful day in the mountains.

Here are some fun pictures of our crazy little journey.

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 003 Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 005  

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 001

This is what the sky looked like when we first got there.

And then within just a few short minutes, this is what happened…

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 022

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 007

A little scary looking, but SO SO SO beautiful!

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 009Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 027

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 014Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 019

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 02020130520_155608

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 030

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 029Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 036

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 032Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 033

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 037Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 049Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 050

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 039Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 040

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 043

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 045

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 051

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 052

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 053Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 054

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 057

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 058

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 055Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 056

Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 063Mountain Trip & Owen's 5th Birthday Party 062

 

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL (impromptu) family day in the mountains. Sometimes the best trips are the unplanned ones :)

 

(I’ll be back asap with Owen’s 5th Birthday Blog.)

No comments: