Friday, May 17, 2013

Mother’s Day 2013

Mother’s Day started off pretty rocky, but got better as the day went on. It started at 3am, when my sweet little daughter decided she didn’t feel like sleeping and wanted to make sure no one in the house did either. We finally all fell back asleep by 6am and we all snuck in about 30 minutes more of sleep before waking up to get ready for church. As I pulled into the church parking lot about 15 minutes before service started, I received a phone call from Brandon that his car had just broke down on his way to work and he needed me to come help him. I turned around and headed over to the busy intersection he was stuck in. After multiple attempts of trying to jump his car, we realized it was time to call a tow truck :( My Mother-In-Law came to bring Brandon her car so he could still make it to work on time and she hopped in with the kids and I and we headed to church. We finally arrived about 15 minutes late to find the parking lot was completely full and ended up having to park a ways away and walk. By time I got the kids dropped off in Sunday School, we FINALLY made it to service to also find all the seats had been taking except a few single seats scattered here and there, so my Mother-In-Law and I sat solo and met up afterwards. Looking back at this, it’s pretty funny now. Like I said, pretty rocky start, but this is exactly what a day of  Motherhood looks like so I guess it was pretty fitting for Mother’s Day.

After we got home from church, the day started getting better. Ate lunch, kids napped, and then we were off for the big family celebration. Brandon’s Aunt Bev & Uncle Don hosted Mother’s Day dinner at their house. All the family came and we shared a delicious meal of Smoked Pork wrapped in Bacon, Twice Baked Potatoes, Homemade Applesauce, Salad, Green Beans, and Rolls. Wow, Bev & Don are some amazing cooks, the meal was fabulous!!!!!! After dinner we all just hung out, watching the kids be crazy and just enjoying each others company. Brandon met up with us after work, we hung out for about another hour and then headed home. I have to admit, by time we got home, I was pooped from a major lack of sleep so I went to sleep really early. It was a fun day with the family and of course my AMAZING husband and kids spoiled me rotten with some great gifts. I am one lucky girl and I am truly honored to be a Mom to my two, soon to be three, wonderful children. We also made the big announcement to the family on Mother’s Day that we are expecting #3, SO exciting and a great day to share the news! (I’ll do a Medical/Pregnancy catch up post soon).

 20130512_081127

This is the gift Owen made me at Preschool. He was beyond excited for me to open it during breakfast. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Mother 002

The Mom’s, Me, GG, Mimi (Bailey who also wanted in on the picture) & Megan.

Mother 009

The main course of the delicious dinner. Yum. Uncle Don is the BEST meat smoker there is!!!!

Mother 011

Mother 014Mother 015

Mother 019Mother 017

Mother 020Mother 024

Mother 022

Mimi’s Grandma Bracelet.

Mother 005Mother 006Mother 007

The pile of Dog Toys kept these two entertained all afternoon!

Mother 008Mother 032

And so did the pounds of Chocolate they ate. Chocolate always helps entertain these two, check out Autumn’s Chocolate beard.

Mother 031Mother 033

Mother 029Mother 028Mother 025

The dog bed and rocking chair were pretty big hits too!

Mother 037Mother 038Mother 039

Autumn had a blast riding the stuffed horse around the house chasing the puppies. It was pretty darn cute!

Mother 042Mother 041Mother 044

I am one BLESSED Mama if you ask me. So proud to be their Mom!!!!

 

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all you amazing Mom’s out there!

No comments: