Monday, February 11, 2013

A Birthday A Week Kind of Month

Finally moving onward from my Surgery post….finally. So I have a few posts I’d like to do, but for times sake I am going to take it one blog post at a time. I have to admit, it’s hard for me, because I so badly want to be all caught up. With that said we are going to lump all the January/February Birthday Celebrations into 1 post. I’ll save my other blog posts for another day, or night in this case. Okay, so all of January & the beginning of February is CRAZYNESS with family Birthdays. I mean it, between Brandon and I’s family I think we have a Birthday every 4 days. It’s insanity. Pure insanity. I have pictures to share from 3 different Family Birthdays so here we go…

Aunt Teri’s 50th Birthday!

Brandon’s Aunt Teri (his Mom’s Baby sister) came into town for an extended weekend in the middle of January. Since the majority of her siblings, her parents, and her nieces and nephews all live here, she decided to come out to Celebrate her 50th Birthday with all of us. Unfortunately that meant leaving her beautiful family back in North Carolina, but we had SO much fun despite missing the rest of the gang. Brandon’s Aunt Rose threw a very lovely Birthday Party for Aunt Teri in her beautiful home. Aunt Rose always throws the best parties. It was a blast having Aunt Teri here and celebrating what a beautiful person she is inside and out. I’ll stop the gibber gabber and move onto pictures, enjoy.

IMG_0911IMG_0888

The Birthday Girl & Her Parents (Brandon’s Grandparents aka GG & Papa Nick)

IMG_0885IMG_0887IMG_0897

Aunt Teri and Her Siblings (Minus Uncle Nick who lives in CA)

IMG_0898Aunt Teri 001

IMG_0892Aunt Teri 023

Sibling LOVE.

Aunt Teri 026Aunt Teri 027

Sweet Cousins.

Aunt Teri 017

Aunt Teri 028Aunt Teri 029

Aunt Bev made a beautiful Slide Show of Pictures choreographed to music from Teri’s first 50 years of Life. It was SO awesome and had us all in tears mixed with lots of laughter! Way to go Aunt Bev you rock!

Aunt Teri 030Aunt Teri 007

Aunt Teri 040Aunt Teri 041

Aunt Teri 047Aunt Teri 049Aunt Teri 053

Gag Gift Fun :)

Aunt Teri 054

Happy Birthday Sweet Aunt Teri, you are such a beautiful women! So glad we all got to celebrate together.

**********************************************

Brandon’s 31st Birthday!

As you already know from my last post, Brandon’s poor Birthday was a total bust since I was in the hospital on his Birthday. I had planned this very nice Birthday/Super Bowl Party for him that did not happen because of my health. I still really wanted to have the party, but no one would allow me to since I was still in ‘recovery’ mode. I was SO upset, not at them, but the situation. Last year we had to cancel his surprise 30th Birthday Party because both kids had croup and the year before that Owen had Ear Tube Surgery on his Birthday. I guess we will just start celebrating his 1/2 Birthday in July since January 28th is clearly not an okay day in this family due to the past 3 year pattern. Anyway, Brandon is very laid back and understanding and is always such a good sport about these things. I think he really knew how much time I put into planning his party even though it never happened. Since I was in the hospital, his Mom came over and cooked him a delicious Birthday Dinner the night before his Birthday (Pork Tenderloin, Applesauce, and Rice) and his Aunt Bev and his Mom brought over a special dessert for him on his actual Birthday. My Mom was also here so between our Mom’s and his Aunt they made sure to not make his day a complete disaster. Lol. When I got out I of the hospital we had two different Present opening nights. Here are some pictures from his ‘so-called’ Birthday over a 3 day period.

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 005

Birthday Dessert(s).

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 004Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 002

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 013

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 015Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 020

20130129_17033320130129_17055520130129_170257

If you can’t tell, my kiddos sure LOVE their Daddy :)

O yeah, and here are some decorations for his Birthday/Super Bowl Party I was supposed to have for him…

20130124_155705

20130124_162713

20130124_162525

I worked so hard to get these made before my surgery and ended up never getting to use them. O well, guess it’s a good excuse to try again next year.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the BEST Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Grandson, Friend, Cousin, Etc. in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!! The kids and I love you more than we could ever begin to express. You are truly an amazing person and we are so honored to be a part of your wonderful life.

**************************************

Mimi’s (Brandon’s Mom) Birthday!

Mimi’s Birthday is actually tomorrow, but since my parents were here this past weekend we decided to have her a Birthday Dinner this past Saturday night. We had Mimi over and cooked her some of her favorite food, had dessert, opened presents and after the kids went to bed us adults stayed up playing games and laughing until nearly midnight. It was a great night! I was so happy I was able to host a special dinner for Mimi as she is an amazing Godly and extremely giving women. I am honored to have such a wonderful mother-in-law and friend, not to mention my kids absolutely love and admire their Mimi. Here are some pictures from the evening…

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 022Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 024

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 025

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 026Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 038Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 039

Crispy Parmesan Halved Potatoes, BBQ Grilled Chicken and Green Beans. Yum!

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 040

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 027Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 029Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 033

My little Crazy’s!

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 048Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 049Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 056

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 054Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 055

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 061

Mimi LOVES Brownies and my special homemade Chocolate Frosting so that is exactly what she got for her Birthday Dessert. This was my first shot at Gluten-Free Baking and much to my surprise they came out amazing!

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 062Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 064

Happy Birthday to Mimi!

Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 066Brandon & Becky's Birthday & Nana & Pampo's Visit 067

 

Happy Birthday Mimi! We LOVE and cherish you so much. Can’t wait to celebrate the BIG 6-0 next year :)

That’s it for now, but fear not because I’ll be back soon for more. O how I miss you blog!

No comments: