Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

If you know me at all, you know I am not a big Halloween fan. I don’t mean to sound like a scrooge or anything, but I just don’t really understand the holiday at all? Like what it is about or why in the world we even celebrate it? Honestly think about it, why do we dress up, go to strangers houses begging for the same candy we are passing out at our own house while trying to scare the crap out of each other. Strange, right?!?! To top it all off, I was never really big on dressing up. Any who with all that said, I do love to see the joy my children get from it so I do put a bit of effort into making a holiday I personally don’t really care for as much fun as possible for my kiddos. This year was pretty laid back, meaning no big party or celebration, but we did make sure the kids had a great time Trick-Or-Treating, twice! I didn’t want to have a shin dig like we have had the past few years simply because every weekend from here until New Years is basically planned with something, so I mainly wanted to enjoy some laid back peace and quiet before things get crazy busy around here, plus Brandon works so late and wouldn’t be able to join.

All that being said here is a glimpse of our Halloween fun. The Halloween Festivities started this past weekend. Saturday my wonderful Mother-In-Law and Aunt-In-Law dressed the kids up and took them to Downtown Littleton where they were having a trick-or-treating event along Main St. It was a blast and the kids got a ton of candy and even got their faces painted. Then on Sunday our Church had a cute little Fall Festival and the kids got to wear their costumes to church. They had a Carmel Apple Station, Balloon Animals, Free Mini Pumpkins, A Family Photo Area, and the list goes on. We carved pumpkins on Monday night with my Father-In-Law and then of course Trick-Or-Treating in the neighborhood last night. Its been a fun filled week and AS ALWAYS I have lots, and I mean lots, of fun pictures. Okay, here we go…

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 002

Even though I don’t personally like dressing up (never really have) I have a BLAST dressing my kiddos up. I took the liberty of making the kids costumes again this year and told them I’d make them whatever they requested. Owen chose to be Muno (for those who have no clue, Muno is a Monster in the Nickelodeon show Yo Gabba Gabba) and Autumn chose to be an Owl (thanks to pinterest for helping me come up with an idea of how to accomplish that one).

Here is a little comparison from Last Year’s to This Year’s Halloween…

Papa Bruce & Nana's Visit 025Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 004

Apparently I like making this girl dress like a bird. Lol

Papa Bruce & Nana's Visit 028Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 004

He is getting SO big!

Okay, now onto the First round of Trick-Or-Treating Downtown Littleton.

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 012

Autumn got a Dum Dum sucker at the first place we stopped at so she immediately opened it up. She carried that thing around the entire time and was SO happy with her sucker.

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 031Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 043

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 056Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 024

Downtown Littleton is so cute. There are a lot of little Mom & Pop type shops and all the owners and workers are so sweet. Almost every store participated in the Trick-Or-Treating event. It was really nice and the kids had a blast!

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 014Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 018

There is a really neat Candy Store Downtown called Lola’s Sugar Rush. They were giving out these huge Snake Suckers. Anyway, Lola fell in love with Autumn and asked to take a picture with her to put on her website for the Candy Shop. Here is Lola & Autumn. So Cute!

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 021Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 019Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 034

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 010

Check out that GINORMOUS Pumpkin!!! Its real and they were having a contest to see if someone could guess the weight!

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 030Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 036Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 049

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 054

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 058

We ran into my Mother-In-Law’s fellow co-worker and her triplets along the way. She is so creative, check out the sweet costumes she made them!!

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 060Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 062

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 063Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 064

After downtown we dropped Mimi off and then headed to Aunt Bev’s house to visit for a bit. It was a great day!

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 065

Here are the kids pretend Trick-Or-Treating at Uncle Don & Aunt Bev’s house. Lol

And to end the night they each got to eat their Organic Pumpkin Sugar Cookie Aunt Bev bought them while we were downtown,

Trick or Treating Downtown 2012 068

******************************

Here we are at our Church’s Fall Festival on Sunday,

20121028_102513

I have the most AMAZING & WONDERFUL Mother-In-Law!!!!!

*********************************

Monday night we had Papa Bruce (My Father-In-Law) over for dinner and a night of pumpkin carving. We had 4 pretty big pumpkins to carve and since Papa Bruce helped us last year, we decided why not make it a tradition. It was a great time.

Halloween 2012 001

We scooped out all the slop earlier in the day to make carving time a little easier. The kids loved their pumpkins although neither of them were too big on getting their hands dirty!

Halloween 2012 003Halloween 2012 007

The kids each got to choose a stencil for their pumpkin and each got to help carve them, with assistance of course :)

Halloween 2012 004

I think Papa Bruce is gonna run and hide next year around Halloween time, we put him to work in no time and gave him a stencil that was rated level ‘difficult’ haha. Thanks again Bruce for all your help, hard work, and dedication. Lol

Halloween 2012 010Halloween 2012 008Halloween 2012 011

Halloween 2012 013

We were all extremely pleased with the final four. Brandon chose the 3 Pumpkin One, I chose the Pumpkin with the Cat on top, Owen chose Brobe (another Yo Gabba Gabba Monster) and Autumn chose Hello Kitty. I LOVE them!!!

***********************************

The next day Brandon and the kids were busy roasting all the Pumpkin Seeds. Brandon makes the best roasted Pumpkin Seeds. I tried twice and always end up ruining them so I leave that task to Brandon now and Boy O Boy they are AMAZING. This year was no exception, seasoned and roasted to perfection!!!!

Halloween 2012 016

Halloween 2012 055

YUM YUM YUM!

**************************************

And here was last nights Trick-Or-Treating. Mimi came and joined us for the fun. Thanks again for coming with us Mimi, we loved having you…

Halloween 2012 019

All ready to go.

Halloween 2012 050

Owen really wanted to decorate for Halloween this year so this was my attempt to decorate on a dime. I made these little window silhouette thingy’s out of Black Foam Paper for about $1.50 in materials, about another $2 for black foam paper with sticky backs for the milk carton ghosts and the door sign and the spooky sign were both found in the dollar section of target. So I believe that is a total of $5.50. Not bad and it made the kids super happy :)

Halloween 2012 022Halloween 2012 046

Just like our last trick-or-treating adventures, Autumn got a sucker at the first house we went to. She unwrapped it and carried it around all night with us :)

Halloween 2012 030Halloween 2012 031

These two sure love their Mimi!

Halloween 2012 032

Halloween 2012 033

Halloween 2012 039Halloween 2012 041

Like the kiddos sweet reflectors? Can’t be too safe!

Halloween 2012 036Halloween 2012 042

Autumn was on a mission to get as many suckers as possible and Owen was just plain on a mission!

Halloween 2012 047

Me and my Cutie Pies. Not sure if you can tell, but I haven’t been feeling all that well. Nothing like sucking it up to make sure your kids have fun :)

Halloween 2012 049

Then it was back home to hand out some candy to fellow trick-or-treaters, which I think the kids equally had fun doing.

20121031_195847

When Daddy got home, we snuck out to go get our $2 Chipolte Burritos. If anyone came in dressed up they were selling their normally $6.50 burritos for $2! What a steals, thanks kids for dressing up.

Halloween 2012 051

And when we got back home, it was time to dig into the candy bags for a nice sugar high before bed.

And what do sugar high’s lead to?

Halloween 2012 056Halloween 2012 057

Dancing and acting like a Monkey of course. Goodness gracious, I LOVE this child!

20121031_193243

Even I got a bit cookie from my own sugar high, or maybe that was my pure exhaustion from the day, either way I was cookie. Here I am being silly in Mimi’s Nome hat she wore for Halloween at School. Lol!

 

All in all it was a WONDERFUL laid back Halloween Weekend/Week!

(: Happy Halloween 2012 :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear Ruth,
I loved your Halloween and Nuggets posts. You honor me too much! I am the one that is blessed by you and your sweet family!

Love you,
Naomi