Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Good Days and, well, not so good days…

Okay, so I know everyone already knows this, but in parenting there are good days and bad days. I really hate calling them “bad days” because compared to most my “bad days” are actually not bad….so lets just call them Not So Good Days. I guess that pretty much goes for life in general, not just parenting. Nonetheless, this past month has basically been full of really really good days. The kids have been behaving, minimal fighting & meltdowns, you get the point. I was just telling a friend the other day its hard to think about having a 3 kid at this point because life seems to be pretty easy and the kids are at really fun ages. I can basically go wherever, take them to do fun stuff on my own, just all around easy to handle.

March 20, 2012 004March 20, 2012 005

It’s moments in life like this that just simply make me smile. After dinner one night the kids were roaming around playing in the back yard and I decided to treat them to a brownie for dessert. Autumn cherished her dessert so much that she didn’t even want to eat it. She carried that plate with her brownie on it every where she went. It was so sweet to watch and just brought a huge smile Brandon and I’s face.

March 20, 2012 007

And other moments like this when your busy wild outgoing 3 year old stops everything he is doing to come give his Mommy and big hug and kiss. Seriously could it get any better???

March 20, 2012 008March 20, 2012 010

The answer is yes. It does get better than hugs and kisses. You get to see these two beautiful children, God has entrusted you to raise, interact and play with each other as siblings do.

 March 20, 2012 011March 20, 2012 012

And those sibling interactions turn into really fun and silly memories for them and for me!

March 20, 2012 014

And there’s always tons of hugs to go around for everyone.

And then there are days that start off with a traumatized little girl because Mommy accidently ran over her beloved Pap Pap (aka Pacifier) that got dropped on the garage floor…

031820121310

031920121311

And a stressed-out Mom because she had to go back to McDonalds to pick up her son’s shoes that he somehow forgot to get before heading home?!?!?!

Okay, I’ll explain since I know a lot of you are thinking how in the world did this one happened. Haha. I was trying to be a nice Mom and treat the kids to an afternoon at McDonalds to play and eat lunch. Well we got there, ordered lunch and headed to the germ pit play area. (We went from weather in the 70’s to the 40’s so I thought it would be a good way to keep the kids active and entertained indoors.) Owen quickly made a friend and started to play hide and seek. Autumn on the other hand was loosing it. She was one big meltdown after another and parents were starring at me trying to figure out what in the world was wrong with my kid. Well, I was pretty much in the same boat as all the other parents and had absolutely no clue what was wrong with my kid. French fries and a whole area to play, what could possibly be wrong? Well after this went on for some time I had had it and decided we needed to leave before Autumn made an even bigger scene than she already had. I told Owen to get his shoes on while I packed up because we were heading home. Needless to say I basically dragged Autumn out kicking and screaming, over God only knows what, and we headed home. When we got home I asked Owen to please put his and his sisters shoes away. He looked up at me and said the following, “I can’t, my shoes are at Old McDonalds.” What?! Are you kidding me?!?! Yes. He forgot his shoes and the bad mother that I am who was completely distracted with my screaming daughter didn’t even notice. So I called McDonalds looking like a complete IDIOT and headed back to get the shoes. And for all you wondering, the drive back included me lecturing Owen on why he should have mentioned he didn’t have his shoes on while walking through the parking lot when we were leaving and Autumn was still screaming in the background. 

So it is days like these where parenthood is not so fun. No necessarily bad, but mentally and physically exhausting and draining. When Brandon got home we ate dinner and I headed out for a little breather after my frustrating day. I am so very thankful for an amazing hubby who realizes when Mommy simply needs a time out! After some serious retail therapy and time alone to cool down I felt so so so much better.

And this is today….

  032020121322032020121325

Took this adorable big boy to school which he missed so much from having a week off for Spring Break,

March 20, 2012 015March 20, 2012 016March 20, 2012 017

and got to come home and play with this little ball of personality!

March 20, 2012 025

And although she can be quite the little spitfire full of attitude….this little smile makes it all worth it!!!!!

 

So I guess to sum this whole blog up the Good Days simply outweigh the “not so good days” by a lot! I love my kids, I love my family and I can’t do anything else but give God all the glory for blessing me with such an Amazing life!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said, my darling "Ruth". Love you, Naomi