Friday, April 12, 2013

What we’ve been up to

I have been playing catch-up on my blog lately so I decided rather than do a specific post, that I’ll just do a random sporadic post of pictures from our past couple weeks. We have been so busy lately that I’m not even going to attempt to remember when all theses things took place and just go with it.

*********************************

Family Day at the Zoo

The day after Easter, we decided to have a family day at the zoo. We met my Sister-In-Law, Brother-In-Law and Niece there. We walked around checking out all the cool animals and ate a picnic lunch before heading home. It was a super fun family day watching the three cousins playing together :)

20130401_114702

20130401_115712

Owen the Elephant

20130401_115742

Autumn the Elephant

20130401_11471020130401_115750

Miss Bailey Girl. And Owen checking out the Elephants with Uncle Dan.

20130401_12101520130401_121304

It was super cool watching the Hippos feeding time!

20130401_120029

20130401_12015120130401_120425

 

About 10 minuets after leaving the zoo, we got into a car accident. It was a little more than a fender bender, but definitely not too bad. None of us were hurt (other than some really sore necks) and the van was not too damaged beyond dents and scratches. The worst part was waiting 40 minutes for the cops to arrive all while Autumn decided to have an accident in her underwear :( Not a fun way to end our family fun day, but thankfully everyone was okay. Here’s what happened. I was driving and we were in the middle lane of a 3 lane road downtown Denver. The right lane was at a standstill full of cars. The lady in the right lane decided to do a lane change into the middle lane. I‘m pretty I was in her blind spot, so as she was lane changing, she hit the sliding passenger door on our van. The crash was really loud and jerky so I was honestly expecting much more damage than what was actually there. My van is in the shop (has been for over a week now) and we aren’t expected to get it back for another week :( The total damage came out to around $4700! Crazy right. At least the other driver has good insurance and we are getting everything taken care of. And as much as I would love to say I am enjoying cruising around in a nice 3 row SUV, I REALLY miss the practicality of my van. I NEVER in a million years thought I would miss driving a van, but with 2 kids 5 and under, I really rely on the convenience of that nerdy vehicle. Lol

20130401_144337

My van was clean for once in my life so it’s hard to see all the damage because it was so shiny, but you get the drift.

*********************************

Owen’s Preschool class picture

 20130404_123039

Back Row Left to Right: Mrs. Anderson, Ben, Avenly, Luke, Abby, Joshua and Miss Laura

Front Row Left to Right: Tyler, Owen, Emma, Nathaniel, and Carter.

Two kiddos are missing :( Such a great group of kiddos, so thankful Owen has some awesome classmates this year!

******************************

Play Time with Owen’s BFF

I know I say this a lot, but I am beyond grateful for Owen’s BFF Luke. He is such a good friend to Owen and he is one of the sweetest boys I have ever met. Best of all his Mom is AWESOME and has become one of my very good friends. We have started rotating Thursday playtime so every other week we take each others kids home after school on Thursday for some special 1 on 1 play time. Its really a great trade off and the boys will play for hours and hours together without hearing a single peep from them. Owen hit the jackpot in the BFF category :)

 20130404_120937

Heading home from school :)

20130404_134557

Taking a break to watch a show and eat some fruit snacks after hours of playing super heroes.

20130404_142257

Taking turns playing Luke’s older sisters Nintendo DS. Owen so badly wants a DS for his bday, but we told him he needs to wait until he is 6 or 7.

The following week Owen got to go home with Luke after school for playtime. They had a great time and were both begging me to leave when I went to pick Owen up because they wanted more playtime. Lol. They are now begging to have their first sleepover, Ahhhhh!!!!! Today we met Luke and his mom Michelle at the Foothills Ridge Rec Center to go swimming. It was a BLAST. The kids were asleep in the car after about 1.5 minutes upon leaving the rec center because they swam their little hearts out for 2.5 strait hours.

20130412_12175720130412_121836

20130412_12185420130412_121859

The slide was a hit for sure…

20130412_121944

After noon the pool completely cleared out and we had the WHOLE place to ourselves. Now we know what time to get there.

20130412_121926

Luke, Owen & Autumn. Three awesome kiddos!

********************************

Family Ice Cream Night

The other day I went to church during the day to help the Childrens Ministry director set up for baby dedications. Since I didn’t have a sitter I drug the kids along with me. They were so awesome and helpful the entire 2.5 hours we were there so we decided to treat them to Ice Cream that night after dinner. Yum, we love this local Homemade Ice Cream parlor here. Maggils Ice Cream is the BEST!

 20130405_194107

Autumn got Birthday Cake, I got Mint Choco Chip, Owen got Blue Moon (it tasted just like fruit loops!), and Daddy got a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Cookies and Cream Mix on a waffle cone.

**********************************

The Colorado Bipolar Spring weather continues…

Again, I am not complaining because I love the hot one day, cold the next. I know I am weird, but as long as it’s not windy I am happy. I can never decide if I am ready for spring or if i  still want winter so this weather completely agrees with me :) Hope that doesn’t mean I am bipolar?!?!?!

20130330_092939

So we roll with it. We do yard work some days.

20130410_102803

And other days we have indoor play. I do admit that it’s a bit crazy to get 6+ inches of snow in mid April.

********************************

Lunch Date with my Babies:

I try about once a month to take my kiddos out for a special lunch date with just me. Its special time with Me and My Babies and the kids really enjoy it :) I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my kiddos and do these things. Thank you again Brandon for working so hard to allow me and the kids to have this special time.

20130410_121443

Cheers!

*************************************

Playing Catch with Daddy:

We have Owen all signed up for his summer sports, t-ball and golf. He will be starting T-Ball in May. His classmate Emma, invited him to join her t-ball team since there was 1 spot left open on the team :) And then he will start Golf this July. Brandon’s Best Friend Travis is the head pro at Raccoon Creek Golf Course and will be starting one on one lessons with Owen this summer. Owen is super excited, as is Travis! Since T-Ball is right around the corner, we got him his first glove and him and daddy made a special trip to Dick’s Sporting Goods to buy some official t-ball balls to play catch with. He has been loving playing catch with Daddy. Can’t wait to go to his cute little games :)

 Owen 001

Catching with a glove on is a pretty hard concept to get, but I think he is doing pretty darn good. He is really good at throwing the ball but unfortunately there is no pitching in t-ball. I think he will be a great left handed pitcher in the years to come. So very proud of this boy!

 Owen 002

Owen 003Owen 007Owen 008

Owen 011

Love watching Daddy & Son play ball. So sweet!

***********************************

So there you have it, a little recap of some of the things we have been up to around here. Owen also had a Big Spring Program at his Preschool this past week, but I’ll save that for it’s own post. Have a great weekend!

No comments: